Monday, August 3, 2009

Quickie!

Another quick post because I have a ton of work today.

Last night, while a friend and I watched True Blood, we drank some white wine and ate cherries, True North Pistachio crackers, and hummus. It was a good episode. Unfortunately I don't have time to do a recap for you. Here's a quick one from "The Frisky."

This morning I didn't have personal training because her schedule conflicted. We'll be meeting W, TR, F at 7:30 AM this week.

For breakfast I had 2 blueberry pancakes. They were so dense I had to cut them in half before putting them in the toaster so they'd thaw all the way through. On them I had some Brummel and Brown yogurt spread and a little light Mrs. Butterworth.
(old picture)

Mid-morning snack was some hot chocolate and a piece of toast with almond butter. The hot chocolate turned out to be a HUGE mistake because my tooth started hurting like hell. Hot and cold are PAINFUL. :( Back to the dentist tomorrow. I need to get this taken care of ASAP so I can enjoy my cruise in September.

The older I get, the more afraid of the dentist I get. A friend says she knows one who will work with a anesthesiologist and put you completely out. I am a little worried about the added risk (plus I don't know if insurance will pay for it). WWYD?

At noon I went and did a step class for an hour and from there headed over to Subway for a sandwich. When you can't eat anything cold, hot, or hard it's difficult to find anything. Today I had light potato chips, diet coke, and a turkey flatbread with lettuce, tomato, spinach, pickle, banana peppers, pepper jack cheese and southwest sauce.



While writing this blog, I decided to do some research about the Olestra found in light potato chips. I've never had any discomfort from it, but after looking around this site: http://www.cspinet.org/olestra/ I think I'm going to avoid it from now on. Healthy is winning out over skinny this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment