Monday, August 10, 2009

Delicious New Finds

Evening everyone!

Here's the rundown for the day. I finished the Larabar after lunch and had a Starburst and Hershey's miniature while sitting in a meeting.

About 4PM I knew I needed to eat something before I went to the gym at 5, so I had a 100 cal. bag of popcorn, 110 cal OJ, and a piece of toast with almond butter.

It was really too much. I felt pretty full when I started Week 3, Day 2 of Couch 2 5K.

Afterwards I had my meeting with the personal trainer. I'll try to be descriptive and accurate, but this was a rough workout and it was extra tough since I'd been out of commission for nearly a week. I wasn't too focused on the number of reps, just getting it done.
  • Lunges on the Bosu ball (2 sets of 10 reps per leg)
  • Turn Bosu ball over. Hold the sides while in plank position. Alternate bringing knees to chest. (2 sets of 10 reps per leg)
  • Side arm lifts (2 sets of 12)
  • Front arm lifts (2 sets of 12)
  • Hold weights together around pelvic level and then lift in a "v" (2 sets of 8)
  • Leg press machine (2 sets of 12)
  • ab lifts on an ab stand: straight out, knees to chest, obliques (1 set of 8 each)
  • triceps machine (2 sets of 12)
UPDATE: I forgot one exercise...
  • Turn Bosu ball over and hold sides in plank position with feet together. Alternate tapping each foot out to the side. (1 set of 10 per leg)

I was really struggling today and was frustrated with myself. It was a combination of recovering from the past week paired with harder moves. I was really sad on the ab stand. I felt I was using my arms more than my abs.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home. I was going to pick up some of my triple berry granola when I noticed this instead.

Check out the difference in Nutritional Information.

Farm Fresh's Organic brand: Wild Harvest Triple Berry Granola

Bear Naked Cranberry Raisin Cereal


Check out the difference in fat content and calories and then look at the serving size! Granted, the Bear Naked cereal has a lot more sodium, but other than that, not bad. Now, for those who think I'm comparing apples to oranges, here's the NI for Bear Naked's Triple Berry Granola.

Dinner was a strange combination but it sounded good to me. I had a piece of French baguette with a Salmon burger, tomato slices, and an egg on top. It was good, but it needed something. Salsa or cheese maybe.


Dessert was an exciting find!


Notice the 100% Whole Grain part! :) I substituted half of the oil for 2 tbl of organic, unsweetened applesauce. They turned out awesome! I had two with a glass of Stoneyfield's organic milk. I'll save one for after lunch tomorrow and put the rest in the break room. They'll be gone lickety-split!


Nighty night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try a green monster smoothie.. I've been afraid of adding spinach! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete