Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Ending!

No, not that kind! ;)

I made it through a whole day without having a food meltdown!

For my mid-afternoon snack I had a diet Dr. Pepper, 1/2 bag of M & Ms and a 1 pt. bag of popcorn.
Here's the story behind tonight's dinner:
A friend of mine brought me some zucchini and squash from his father's garden. Unbeknownst to him, I don't eat either of those thing. Usually. I hate the idea of wasting them so I decided to find some ways in which I could stand the idea of eating them. My first experiment was whole wheat pasta, diced zucchini and squash (really tiny), garlic, diced tomatoes, and olive oil. It was yum!

Tonight's was chopped chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, and more of the rice from lunch. On the bottom I put two cans of cream of mushroom soup (98% FF of course). Here's how it turned out:


I also had two small pieces of organic multigrain bread with a little Brummel and Brown yogurt spread on them.

Very satisfying. :)

----->Look there and you'll see I had some Sangria leftover from Sunday's weekly True Blood party. Just a little bit, though.
Dessert consisted of the second half of the M & Ms from lunch.
Today was a great balance of healthy vs. skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment