Thursday, July 23, 2009

bedtime

It's bedtime now, but before I head off I'm making sure to do my dinner post tonight.



I skipped the greek yogurt before leaving work because for some reason it wasn't appealing at all. Instead I had a FlavH20 and some popcorn. I headed off to Wal-mart to get a replacement sewing machine and in doing so left my phone at work. :(

After an extremly irritating Wal-Mart visit I headed home to make dinner. Blueberry Almond Chicken with Yucca Fries.

Tip: If you forgot to defrost your meat, put the frozen meat in a ziploc container and then put it in a bowl of water. Put the bowl in the fridge and you'll be amazed at how fast it will thaw out.

This meal turned out fantastic. Here's some pictures to prove it.













The yucca was a little tough, but overall I was very impressed. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other half of it. I guess mashed yucca is on the menu for tomorrow!

P.S. Please forgive the horrific countertops. We moved in pretty recently and we're debating whether to spend the $ on countertops now or wait til we have the whole kitchen re-done (with a different floorplan).

Dessert was about 3/4 c. of Edy's Slow Churned (light) Chocolate ice cream with some almonds sprinkled on.
A pretty healthy day! Tomorrow is day two of the Couch to 5 K program!

No comments:

Post a Comment