Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Day in the Life

Today has been a busy day so far. I had to teach a workshop from 9-12 and then I ran to get lunch out of the fridge so I wouldn't feel too full at 2PM when I go to the gym for my aerobics class.

For breakfast (8:15AM) I had a smoothie with:

1/2 c. 0% fage
1/2 c. vanilla almond milk
1/2 frozen banana
1 tbsp naturally more peanut butter
1/2 individual packet of chocolate peanut butter swirl Spirutein

I don't have a picture of the smoothie, but this is what I use to drink my smoothies:


This smoothie was very good! It kept me going until lunch. I did have a quarter of a bagel that someone brought in, but I ate it more because it was there rather than because I was hungry. :( Bad Carolyn.

For lunch I had this:

(Two eggs + 1 egg white + 1 slice 2% american cheese + 1 slice Ezekiel bread)











1/2 bottle of OJ









cantaloupe and watermelon










I've done pretty well with eating healthy today, but...adding in my activity points for the aerobics class I'm going to soon, I only have 9 points left for the day. Not horrible, but I'm going to a baseball game tonight with the hub's aunt and I'm going to want some munchies. Specifically, popcorn.

That means I have to be careful between now and then (6 hours!). I can't go that long without eating ANYTHING!

Here's the healthy vs. skinny of it....diet coke and popcorn (1 pt bag) is only 1 point, but full of yicky stuff. Greek yogurt and granola is good for the body, but 4 pts!!! And therein lies the rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment