Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Assessment Day

Morning!

Today was my the assessment to evaluate my progress over the past 6 wks or so of personal training.

My body fat percentage went down 1 percent, the circumference of my waist and thigh stayed the same. My hips went down 1/4 inch. I did 3 push ups instead of 1, and 8 sit ups instead of 4. My weight went down 1/4 lb.

I can't say I'm particularly pleased by the results. :( But, I have no one to blame but myself. As you've read here, I've started WW a couple of times only to not follow through. It's high time, I stop making excuses and get it together. It's an unfortunate time to decided to re-commit with the cruise coming up next week. But...it's important to eat right all the time, not just when you're at home, so it will be a good challenge for me. :)

I also plan to ramp up the cardio to more 45-60 minutes sessions rather than 30 minutes.

Now, here's today's workout.
  • narrow wall squats with ball (2 sets of 12)
  • wide wall squats with ball (2 sets of 12)
  • lunges (2 sets of 5 each leg)
  • leg press (2 sets of 12)
  • bicep curls (2 sets of 12)
  • tricep kickbacks (2 sets of 12)
  • shoulder press with free weights (3 sets of 8)
  • jackknife on ball: feet on ball and arms in push-up position on floor, bring knees to chest (1 set of 8)
  • crunches on ball (1 set of 20)
  • chest press (3 sets of 12)
  • plank (hold for 20 seconds)
  • side plank lifts (1 set of 10 each side)
I'll do my best to remember to take pictures of my food today!

For breakfast I had two pieces of toast (2 points), B&B butter (.5 pt), and some tea (2 pts.).

No comments:

Post a Comment