Friday, September 4, 2009

Finding your niche

Here's last night's workout. I first did 27 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and upright bike. I get bored easily so I like to switch it up. Sometimes I'll do three different machines in a 30 or 45 minute period.
  • lat pull down (3 sets of 12)
  • 1 arm row (3 sets of 12 each side)
  • back raises on ball (3 sets of 12)
  • crunches on ball (1 set of 20)
  • upright rows (3 sets of 12)
  • jackknife on ball (1 set of 10)
  • straight leg lifts w/ reverse crunch (1 set of 12)
  • bicycle (1 set of 20)
  • flutter kicks (1 set of 10)
Today would be my day to finish week 5 of the C25K program, but my legs are KILLING me still from Wednesday's workout. I thinking I'll do the cardio machines for 30 minutes along with a 1 hr. yoga stretch class.

Tomorrow I'll jog outside before going to my massage (OMG, I can't wait!). There's a massage school in Virginia Beach so I'm getting one hour for $40 and it's a graduate, not a student.

Now, on to what prompted the title of this post...

As you have probably noticed in the blog roll on the right, I subscribe to a lot of health eating blogs. I enjoy reading them and learning about different people's habits. Some eat mostly raw and don't eat white anything, some are vegetarians, some try to eat healthy most of the time and indulge for special occasions.

I have to say that my favorite blogs are Carrots N' Cake and Roni's Weigh. These are just regular women who do their best to eat healthy, but occasionally veer off and make mistakes. They recognize this when it happens and get back on the right track.

I think that's the niche where I'm the most comfortable. If I make eating healthy too hard, it will end up backfiring on me. I want try to eat healthy most of the time without beating myself up every time I crave fast food or sweets. That's not to say I don't want to stop trying to improve my habits, because I will.

What about you, where are you at in your journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment